If you ask any of these questions in an interview, the candidate is going to get suspicious and wonder what you are really looking for.
7 Hiring Tips from Talent Acquisition Experts
Whether you're looking to fill a specific position or just improve your overall hiring process, read on for tips that will help you succeed!
Hiring the best employees is essential for any business. But with the increasing global competition, finding and hiring the right people can be difficult. That's where talent acquisition expertise comes in. In this post, we'll share seven tips from talent acquisition experts that will help you find the right employees, fast. So whether you're looking to fill a specific position or just improve your overall hiring process, read on for tips that will help you succeed!
THE 7 TIPS:
Create a timeline for the recruitment process
Sometimes doing the basics feels boring right? Creating a timeline can be the most boring job in the entire recruitment process but can’t be skipped at any cost.
- Set a timeline for the recruitment process, from pre-screening candidates to final hiring decisions.
- Make sure to allocate enough time for research and planning. This includes reviewing resumes and conducting interviews, as well as compiling a hiring dossier.
- Start by outlining the steps you'll take to find a candidate and review their resume.
- Be sure to keep track of your progress so you can assess how well your recruitment process is working.
- Make sure all steps in the process are scheduled and organized so that recruiting goes smoothly.
- Finally, don't forget to celebrate every successful hire!
To get you started, we have downloaded a Recruiting Calendar Template by McLean & Company.
Here’s your copy: Recruiting-Calendar-Template.docx
Make sure your job opportunity stands out
When recruiting new employees, it's important to be strategic and go above and beyond in order to stand out from the competition.
- Refrain from making a lengthy job post. If you can’t read it all in one go, your potential candidates won’t either.
- Make sure the job listing is tailored to your company culture. This means including keywords and phrases specific to your business.
- And finally, send out personalized emails to potential candidates. Make sure to emphasize the importance of the position and how you can help them achieve their career goals.
Be clear about the hours of work, salary, and benefits - these details matter when attracting qualified candidates. And don't forget to keep recruitment ongoing - by using social media, email marketing, and job boards, you can keep your candidates informed and engaged all the way until they are hired!
Check out this job listing on Twitter with an unusual title:
Although the description is a standard one, the catchy title made this an attractive job post.
Encourage referrals from existing employees
Referred candidates are often a better match for the company's culture and values, and employees are more likely to refer candidates they know and trust.
- When a current employee recommends someone they know for a job opening, it sends a strong signal that the company is reputable and that the position is worth applying for.
- This method can be especially useful in positions where there are limited numbers of vacancies or when you have difficulty attracting qualified candidates on your own.
- Make sure your referral program is easy to use, and employees are rewarded for referring qualified candidates.
In 2019, Inmobi went out of the box, quite literally, when they parked an Inmobi-themed Vespa scooter in their San Francisco office. Each time an employee referred someone, they were entered into a lottery to win the scooter.
Use online applicant tracking systems
Image Source: Jitterbit
Time is a precious commodity, and hiring new employees can be a daunting task. Luckily, applicant tracking systems can help to speed up the process.
- ATSs allow you to easily send out job offers, receive resumes, and keep track of interviews.
- In addition, the system will automatically send you updates on all candidates, so there's no need for you to remember everything.
This will help you identify and recruit the best candidates faster and more efficiently. So, whether you're looking to fill a new position or just update your current recruitment process, use an applicant tracking system to streamline the process. It's sure to save you time and resources in the long run. This article will help you find the best applicant tracking systems out there.
Keep in mind that the subscription to an ATS can be a costly affair for many startups. So, take the decision wisely.
Focus on your career page
Many early-age startups have been guilty of not focusing on their career pages. Little do they know that one of the best ways to attract talented candidates is to create a careers site or page specifically for the job they're looking to fill. This will give potential candidates an easy way to find information about your company and learn about the available positions. Not only will this help you fill your current vacancies faster, but it will also improve your employer’s brand! At Big Jobs, we provide our customers with a dedicated careers page. Check out a snapshot of GeoIQ’s careers page.
GeoIQ's Career Hub powered by Big.Jobs
Want us to build a similar page for your brand? Let’s talk.
Pre-screen candidates well before inviting them for interviews
Hiring managers are busy. So it's important for recruiters to qualify each candidate properly before setting up the interview with the hiring teams. One of the great ways to do this is to develop a pre-screening questionnaire by collaborating with the hiring manager. This standard questionnaire can be used by a recruiter to pre-screen every candidate to assess deeply whether they meet the desired parameters of the hiring team.
A sample pre-screening questionnaire for hiring a frontend engineer:
- How much experience do you have with hands-on Frontend Programming?
- Do you participate in coding competitions? Any freelancing, mentorship, speaker, hackathon participation?
- How many years of experience do you have with React.js-based Frontend applications?
You can add as many questions as you want. The objective is to identify any red flags or issues before bringing them into further interviews.
Provide a great candidate experience
One of the most important things that a company can do to find the right employees is to provide a great candidate experience. This means making sure that applicants are treated fairly and with respect, and that they have all the information they need to apply for the position. Candidates should also be able to contact you directly if they have any questions or concerns about their application process.
Making sure that you provide a great candidate experience when you are hiring a new employee is important for two important reasons.
- Candidates who have a positive experience during the hiring process are more likely to accept a job offer and to recommend your company to others. It will help to build a positive reputation for your company.
- Candidates who have a negative experience during the hiring process are more likely to tell others about their bad experience, which can damage your company's reputation.
You can’t afford to damage your employer’s brand. Thus, it is important to treat candidates with respect and to give them a positive experience, even if they are not ultimately hired for the position.
Hiring the right talent has always been a challenge for businesses. It is even more difficult in today's market, where there is a shortage of skilled workers. However, by following the tips in this blog, businesses can increase their chances of finding the right talent for their needs. Stay tuned for more such blogs to ensure that you are always up-to-date on the latest hiring tips and trends.